New Massive Combat Experience with up to 150 Players is Free-to-Play for Everyone
Further Unites Call of
Published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward and
“Call of Duty remains one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time,” said
“Warzone is more than a new era for Call of Duty, it’s a game-changer for players and fans. We’re delivering two incredible modes of play within this massive world that take the experience to a new level,” said
“Warzone is a giant sandbox for combat and adventure on a massive scale, featuring signature Call of Duty gameplay with new and fun different ways to play and win,” said
“Warzone was developed with all playstyles and skill levels in mind, so no matter how you want to play, there’s something fun for everyone,” said
In Warzone’s Battle Royale mode, drop into the massive Verdansk world with 150 players in teams of three to loot and fight to be the last squad standing in a colossal firefight. In this redefined Battle Royale, players of all skill levels and playstyles will find new ways to play and be rewarded in the survival game mode.
- Players can collect in-match Cash to purchase equipment, Field Upgrades, Killstreaks or Revive Tokens for fallen teammates at Buy Stations located throughout the map to help turn the tide of war.
- Squads can choose to take on Contracts, optional in-match mini-missions located throughout the map that payout in epic in-match rewards upon completion, including rare loot, in-match Cash, XP, and Weapon XP to help squads get the upper hand on the competition.
If you go down in a match, it doesn’t mean you’re out for the count. In Warzone’s Battle Royale, there are different ways players can earn their way back into the fight:
- The Gulag is an all-new way to earn a second chance at survival in Battle Royale. Upon being eliminated, players will be taken to the Gulag to face-off against another fallen player in a 1v1 winner-takes-all gunfight, for a chance to redeploy back into the match.
- In addition, players can earn enough in-match Cash to purchase a Self-Revive Kit in order to heal themselves after being downed by an opponent.
- Players can also bring back fallen teammates by earning enough in-match Cash to purchase a Squad Buyback at Buy Stations scattered throughout the map.
Warzone also features the all-new, large-scale combat mode Plunder, where the freedom and gameplay variety of Battle Royale meets fast-paced Call of Duty action.
- In Plunder, teams drop into an action-packed race to collect as much in-match Cash as possible by raiding Supply Boxes, eliminating opponents, completing Contracts or by controlling key Cash deposit locations throughout the map.
- Each player gets unlimited respawns, their own loadout, killstreaks and more, as they employ multiple team strategies to grow and safeguard their collection of in-match Cash.
- There are a variety of ways to achieve victory, creating nearly endless epic moments and creative possibilities to win this battleground heist.
Call of Duty: Warzone supports crossplay and features unified progression across Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. For players that already own the full version of Modern Warfare, all content already earned including
In addition, Warzone shares the same Item Shop and Battle Pass System as Modern Warfare which includes a new Operator, Weapons, Weapon Blueprints, Operator Skins, XP Tokens, and much more.
The Call of Duty Endowment (C.O.D.E.) Defender Pack is also back in the Call of Duty Store for a limited time and includes eleven in-game digital items including the Defender Pistol cosmetic weapon variant, a weapon camo and a watch. 100% of Activision’s net proceeds received from the Pack go directly to the Call of Duty Endowment, a non-profit organization that helps veterans in the US and
For the most up to date information on Call of Duty: Warzone, check out the Activision Games Blog at https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty.
Developed by Infinity Ward and
About the Call of Duty Endowment
The Call of Duty Endowment is a non-profit organization co-founded by
Senior Manager, Public Relations